Got bulky stuff to get rid of this Fall? Get organized and get rid of it all for FREE by the end of October, 2016. Here's a checklist for getting rid of bulky stuff:
COULD SOMEONE STILL USE IT?
1) Donate it to the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless, based right here in Lynn, MA.
Fill out the form for in-home pickup of good-condition furniture by clicking on this link: Furniture Donation Inquiry
Items must be clean and usable. The Coalition for the Homeless takes kitchen tables & chairs, couches & sofa chairs, ottomans, hutches, end tables, coffee tables, bed frames, dressers, bookshelves, cabinets, rugs, lamps, dishes, pots & pans, and blankets & linens. Your donation helps low-income and formerly homeless families furnish their apartments at no cost to them. The Coalition's phone number is 781-595-7570 x13.
2) Other Pickup & Drop-Off OptionsHere are other organizations that offer free pickup and drop-off of your living, dining and bedroom furniture in good-condition. Most only require 1-2 weeks’ notice for pick up.
Short on time? Check out the following websites for drop-off locations, hours, and to check that they will accept your donation.
For free pickup use their online pickup form or call 1-800-SA-TRUCK. They take mattresses in clean and good condition.
For free pickup use their online form or call (888) 322-8209.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
For residential pick-up of your furniture, please call 1-800-675-2882, between 8:30am - 3:30pm (Monday - Friday).
Drop-off good items at:
Savers Donation Drop Spot Lynn Marketplace, 43 State Street, Lynn, MA 01901, (844) 799-2050, 7 days a week, 9-5pm.
They take small furniture--All chairs, tables (dining, kitchen, coffee, end, computer, night stand, patio), dressers, hutch, armoire, bookcase, cabinets, entertainment centers.
Goodwill, Donation Center at 450 Paradise Road in Swampscott, MA 01905 (Next to Stop&Shop) 7 days a week, 8-4:30pm
They accept small home furnishings - One person carry items only.
3) Last Minute Options?
If you’ve totally put this off till the last minute and can’t arrange for a charity pick up, you have two other options:
- Sell or give good-condition stuff away for free at Craig’s List or Freecycle. Postings are free, most do better with a photo.
BULKY ITEM CAN'T BE REUSED. IT'S TRASH.
1) LAST DUMPSTER DAY in Lynn for 2016 is Saturday, September 17, 2016. All the details on what you can drop off and not drop off are in the flier below.
2) Last Covanta Bulky Household Item Drop Off Days for 2016
Saturdays Sept 24 Oct 1 Oct 8 (None on Oct 15) Oct 22 Oct 29